PLEASE BROWSE OUR RANGE OF FABRICS AND GIVE US A RING ON 01225 768833 IF YOU WOULD LIKE SAMPLES OR MORE INFORMATION. YOU CAN BUY ONLINE OR OVER THE PHONE.
WE ARE HERE EVERY DAY BETWEEN 10:00 AND 12:00 TO TAKE YOUR CALL OR LEAVE A MESSAGE OR EMAIL AND WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU.
IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS THE SHOP IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC.
During the lockdown we will be checking in daily for phone and email messages.
We can post out orders but you can no longer collect at the door.
By way of compensation we are only charging £2.00 per parcel for telephone orders.
Online orders are still charged at £4.95 per parcel.
WE WILL HELP YOU TO KEEP SEWING AND CRAFTING DURING THIS TIME AS
MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
HERE IS HOW:
· Ring or email us – we are responding to messages and sending parcels daily
· We will be displaying our sale items in our windows
· We can send samples
· We can do a video call – make an appointment
· Take a look online – we have over 500 fabrics to browse – you can ring to add on any item of haberdashery to your order.
· Look for a pattern on www.sewdirect.com – when you have found one, we can pop it in the post for you the same day.
Welcome to Fabric Magic
We can offer the best of both, in store and online. We are a long-established independent sewing shop offering all the expertise you could need whether you are just starting to sew or have been dress or curtain making for years.
We know buying sewing supplies online can be difficult and not nearly so much fun – we all need that fabric fix now and again, when you want to be able to see and touch textiles to be inspired!
We hope we can make the experience easier by offering a personal expert service both at the counter and over the phone. If you live nearby – in Wiltshire or Somerset why not get a taster for some of our fabrics online first (we have lots more in store) before coming to visit, particularly at the moment when we cannot let customers browse – our counter service is important to keep both our staff and customers safe.
If you live further away, we have built up a very comprehensive ‘virtual service’ in 2020 to help customers make and be pleased with their purchases.
Often buying the fabric is just the start of it. ...you might need a pattern, interfacing, lining, zip, thread etc. How do I know which thread will go with my chosen fabric? How will my fabric look when it is made up?
We hope we can solve some of those problems, using video calls, our expert knowledge and the good old-fashioned phone!
Here are some of the things we are offering to make fabric buying more fun, however far away you live.
- 100s fabrics online with detailed descriptions, handle, suggestions for use and photographed both close up and on a mannequin.
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff to take your call. If you want to add on any haberdashery item to your order (for no extra postage) – we can find the best match for you and give advice about the most appropriate items you will need to finish your project – just tell us what you are making.
- We can send you a sample in the post of any fabric free of charge.
- Offer a video call to have a virtual tour.
- To choose a pattern - browse www.sewdirect.com and we can pop it in with your order, we keep most of them in stock.
- As in our shop, our online fabrics are available in 10cm increments – all fabrics are clearly priced per metre.
- Our online products can also be collected from the store.
Check out our About Us section to find out more…