PLEASE BROWSE OUR RANGE OF FABRICS AND GIVE US A RING ON 01225 768833 IF YOU WOULD LIKE SAMPLES OR MORE INFORMATION. YOU CAN BUY ONLINE, IN STORE OR OVER THE PHONE.
AS OF MONDAY 12TH APRIL WE ARE OPEN EVERY DAY
10:00am - 4:00pm
To keep our customers and staff safe we are retaining our counter service until restrictions have been lifted. Although you will not be able to browse we are very happy to bring things to the counter for you.
Photos of an anticipated project or colour swatches can be very helpful so we know what you are looking for. Why not browse our online fabrics first? If you see something you like, make a note of the product code and we can bring it to you to take a look.
We hope to resume our usual opening hours in May
please ring and check before visiting.
Unfortunately our dress pattern catalogues are still not available to look at in store.
Why not pop the kettle on and check out our patterns at home on www.sewdirect.com – when you have
found one, make a note of it and we can bring it to you with a choice of fabrics and haberdashery at the counter. We keep most of them in stock.
Welcome to Fabric Magic
We can offer the best of both, in store and online. We are a long-established independent sewing shop offering all the expertise you could need whether you are just starting to sew or have been dress or curtain making for years.
We know buying sewing supplies online can be difficult and not nearly so much fun – we all need that fabric fix now and again, when you want to be able to see and touch textiles to be inspired!
We hope we can make the experience easier by offering a personal expert service both at the counter and over the phone. If you live nearby – in Wiltshire or Somerset why not get a taster for some of our fabrics online first (we have lots more in store) before coming to visit, particularly at the moment when we cannot let customers browse – our counter service is important to keep both our staff and customers safe.
If you live further away, we have built up a very comprehensive ‘virtual service’ in 2020 to help customers make and be pleased with their purchases.
Often buying the fabric is just the start of it. ...you might need a pattern, interfacing, lining, zip, thread etc. How do I know which thread will go with my chosen fabric? How will my fabric look when it is made up?
We hope we can solve some of those problems, using video calls, our expert knowledge and the good old-fashioned phone!
Here are some of the things we are offering to make fabric buying more fun, however far away you live.
- 100s fabrics online with detailed descriptions, handle, suggestions for use and photographed both close up and on a mannequin.
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff to take your call. If you want to add on any haberdashery item to your order (for no extra postage) – we can find the best match for you and give advice about the most appropriate items you will need to finish your project – just tell us what you are making.
- We can send you a sample in the post of any fabric free of charge.
- Offer a video call to have a virtual tour.
- To choose a pattern - browse www.sewdirect.com and we can pop it in with your order, we keep most of them in stock.
- As in our shop, our online fabrics are available in 10cm increments – all fabrics are clearly priced per metre.
- Our online products can also be collected from the store.
Check out our About Us section to find out more…