PLEASE BROWSE OUR RANGE OF ONLINE FABRICS AND GIVE US A RING ON 01225 768833 IF YOU WOULD LIKE SAMPLES OR MORE INFORMATION. YOU CAN BUY ONLINE, IN STORE OR OVER THE PHONE.
AS OF TUESDAY 4TH MAY WE ARE OPEN MONDAY TO SATURDAY
10:00am - 3:00pm
(We hope to extend these hours in June)
We now feel it is safe to re-open part of the shop so you can browse most of the dressmaking fabrics, quilting cottons, furnishing fabrics and furnishing sample hangers.
Please pop in and see what's new!
To keep our customers and staff safe we are retaining our counter service for haberdashery and yarns. We are very happy to bring things to the counter for you.
We hope to open the shop completely once all the staff have been vaccinated.
You can now look at the dress pattern catalogues but please use the hand sanitiser first - please be aware other people will have been looking at them. If you prefer, why not pop the kettle on and check out our patterns at home on www.sewdirect.com – when you have found one, make a note of it and we can bring it to you at the counter. We keep most of them in stock.
Welcome to Fabric Magic
We can offer the best of both, in store and online. We are a long-established independent sewing shop offering all the expertise you could need whether you are just starting to sew or have been dress or curtain making for years.
We know buying sewing supplies online can be difficult and not nearly so much fun – we all need that fabric fix now and again, when you want to be able to see and touch textiles to be inspired!
We hope we can make the experience easier by offering a personal expert service both at the counter and over the phone. If you live nearby – in Wiltshire or Somerset why not get a taster for some of our fabrics online first (we have lots more in store) before coming to visit, particularly at the moment when we cannot let customers browse – our counter service is important to keep both our staff and customers safe.
If you live further away, we have built up a very comprehensive ‘virtual service’ in 2020 to help customers make and be pleased with their purchases.
Often buying the fabric is just the start of it. ...you might need a pattern, interfacing, lining, zip, thread etc. How do I know which thread will go with my chosen fabric? How will my fabric look when it is made up?
We hope we can solve some of those problems, using video calls, our expert knowledge and the good old-fashioned phone!
Here are some of the things we are offering to make fabric buying more fun, however far away you live.
- 100s fabrics online with detailed descriptions, handle, suggestions for use and photographed both close up and on a mannequin.
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff to take your call. If you want to add on any haberdashery item to your order (for no extra postage) – we can find the best match for you and give advice about the most appropriate items you will need to finish your project – just tell us what you are making.
- We can send you a sample in the post of any fabric free of charge.
- Offer a video call to have a virtual tour.
- To choose a pattern - browse www.sewdirect.com and we can pop it in with your order, we keep most of them in stock.
- As in our shop, our online fabrics are available in 10cm increments – all fabrics are clearly priced per metre.
- Our online products can also be collected from the store.
Check out our About Us section to find out more…